Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Road Ahead... (Sunday, Feb 15)

So, I'm really completely done with ACTS now. Our contracts officially end today, so I guess technically I've still got a few hours to go. But in all other aspects though, I'd totally done. Exit Report is written and submitted, all engineerings documents have been filed away for next year's team, and I've left Canada House for the final time under the ACTS banner.

And with that, I think this will be my final post on this blog, regarding my work with ACTS anyway. I look forward to seeing all of you again, and also the the cooler weather on the West Coast (hopefully, but just wishful thinking probably, some of all that snow will still be around), along with fast internet, Chinese food, English Church services, playing and watching hockey, reading the news in the morning, the list continues... But my plan is not to return home just yet because I don't know when I'll have the privilege to return to Africa again. So I'll be taking this chance to travel and see a bit more of the East African region. With one of my high school friends, we're hoping to bus around the Lake Victoria region, taking in the sights, and experiencing the culture of the Rwandan, Tanzanian, and Kenyan people. I'm not sure whether I'll have the ability to blog often, but I'll try and update as we move across the region if you'd like to keep up with our travels. Other than that, my return is set for April 20th so for those of you in the Vancity area, I hope to see you soon after that, and for those of you from elsewhere, I don't know when I'll be able to make it to your respective places, but you're always welcome to come visit in Van!

So, once again, I sincerely thank you for the overwhelming support that I received from all of you over the past few months. I've had a great time and a lot of that I attribute being oft encouraged by your support, which came in so many different channels. It really was a pleasure to have been able to share and partner with you in my work with ACTS.

And among the many things I've learned in Uganda is a new method for repairing glasses...


Signing off from Uganda,

Wes

1 comment:

Christopher Tse said...

You spelled 'sincerely' wrong.